Something I did differently this time, toward then end, was to actually measure how differently each skein of yarn was. I have knit thee blankets prior, with four strands, and each had at least one color way shorter than the others. Assuming that the first skein to run out was exactly 185 yards, like the sleeve said, here are the lengths of the remaining 3 colors:
- dark brown - 130 inches
- blue - 199 inches
- light brown - 958 inches
Anyway, back to the blanket, I used the same basket pattern as previous ones I made for a set of twins. Six rows were knit. I began a pattern of knitting three, purling 30, knitting three more. The next row I knit all the way across. I kept this pattern until I was close to 33 inches and knit 6 more rows and bound off. Again, I had to use the extra yarn form one color and attach to another. I ended up running out of the green and dark brown by the end. Believe I tied the blue to the green and light brown to the dark brown to be able to finish and not buy more yarn.
So, with out further fan fair, here are some photo's of the blanket I made!
These always turn out thick and warm! Know little "J" will like this ~ at least I hope he does!