Sunday, December 8, 2013

Cable Stitches and Remembering the Row!

The last week or so, I have been working on a cable and it's been rather difficult for some reason.  At first, I didn't leave a boarder, which I realized quickly, makes the overall cable look a little nicer (in my opinion anyway).  Then, I'd forget where I was in the pattern and repeat the wrong part of the cable.  Anyway, ripped a few rows out, thankfully not the whole thing, and got back on track.  What I finally made for myself was the following:


Yes, just an index card, folded in half, 8 numbers and a paper clip.  If I have to set down my knitting, for a bit, I'll put the paper clip on the next row I'll need to work on.  This makes it a whole lot easier to know what I am doing next.  The two rows that are starred are the cable rows that I am either bringing stitches forward or backward, at various times in that row.  The other rows are knits and purls.  Easy enough when you remember where you are in the pattern!

So there you have it.  A homemade, row counter so you don't loose track and keep doing the same cable stitches over and over again.

In the near future, I'll write about which stitch holder I prefer!

No comments:

Post a Comment