Monday, April 23, 2012

Lesson Learned

In all the knitting I have been doing over the last few years, there have been a few that require multiple skeins of yarn.  Prior to this project, I had never had an issue with being able to find the particular brand, style, and color yarn I needed to continue working.  Never had an issue with dye lot either.

Approximately a month ago I began designing and knitting a baby blanket for a friend out of Lion Brand, Hometown USA in three different colors.  I originally picked up one of each color I wanted to use, not knowing how much I would ultimately need to finish the project.  Well, I finished up those three and did the math and calculated wrong.  Thought I could get by with one skein of the blue and one of the green.  Went back to Wal-Mart to get the 3rd of each color.  They only had the green and the feel was off but I bought it anyway.  In the following trips to Wally World for other things, I'd check to see if yarn had been restocked.  No luck.  Yesterday, I finished up the green and really need the blue.  The local Micheal's and a different Wal-mart did not have the blue.  I called Joann's this morning, they carry that yarn, but do not have the blue.  I called a Gaithersburg Joann's (Kevin works a bit from there), they don't have it in.  YIKES folks, I was REALLY hoping to be finished before this coming Thursday.  May call a different Micheal's in a bit to see if they carry Hometown USA.

LESSON LEARNED:  Listen to those who have done something longer than you and give you suggestions on how to do something, they just might be right.

Time to get off the computer and start making some phone calls!

No comments:

Post a Comment